The award recognizes authors of outstanding works in real estate across several categories, including finance, mortgage lending, foreclosures, investing, green building and sustainable design, as well as home buying and selling and commercial real estate. Shift Commercial is the second KellerINK title to receive the Bruss Award, after Soci@l, and we'd like to congratulate authors Buddy Norman and Jay Papasan in partnership with the KW Commercial Leadership Council for a job well done!
And, as a sneak peek for our readers, we'd like to share the 12 tactics Shift Commercial's teachings are based on.
12 Tactics to Help Commercial Agents Tackle Tough Times
1. Get Real, Get Right. Mindset and Action: You can't control the market, but you can control your outlook and your response to it. Get real about the market, and get right in your action.
2. Re-Margin Your Business. Expense Management: Re-margin your business and get serious about expense management and profitability. Stop spending money "on it" and start investing money "in it."
3. Do More with Less. Leverage: Learn to do more with less. Maximize your productivity, upgrade your systems and top-grade your people.
4. Find the Motivated. Lead Generation: Focus your lead generation on finding motivated clients. Master the tasks, skills and scripts of your lead generation methods. Time-block to ensure this gets done every day.
5. Get to the Table. Lead Conversion: Converting leads to appointments to clients is the most dollar-productive thing you can do. Never assume you have a lead until you have an appointment, and never assume you have a client until you have an exclusive representation agreement.
6. Catch People in Your Web. Internet Lead Conversion: The Internet is one of the most untapped resources in commercial real estate. Catch people in your Web and focus you Internet strategy on capturing contact information for follow-up and conversion. Everything else about your web presence can be important, but is secondary to this.
7. Price Tight to the Market. Shift Pricing Strategies: Master pricing, whether for lease or for sale, so your listings aren't just "on the market," they are "in the market."
8. Stand Out from the Competition. Property Staging Strategies: Master strategies that will help your listings stand out from the competition, sell or lease faster and garner a higher price.
9. Create Urgency. Overcoming Buyer and Tenant Reluctance: Help your clients overcome their reluctance and acquire genuine urgency. Timing the market is not an option when you are possibly missing out on the best opportunities today.
10. Expand the Options. Creative Financing: Build a creative finance team around you and put this to use whenever you can. Align yourself with those who have money and those who are lending money. Work creatively with sellers, buyers and lenders to find a way to close the transaction.
11. Master the Market of the Moment. Identify and Establish Needed Expertise: Each shift has its own unique opportunities. Markets of the moment in commercial shifts tend to be tenant and landlord leasing representation, Small Business Administration (SBA) qualified buyers, high quality investments, as well as short sales, foreclosures and REOs.
12. Bulletproof the Transaction. Issues and Solutions: Bulletproof your transactions. Assume nothing! Establish client expectations up front, involve yourself in the selection and supervision of vendors, be personally involved in due diligence, inspections, repairs and any final negotiations.